There are some unique fabulous plants to grow in your garden, your porch, or even your patio that will bring you joy and delight throughout the year.
In this article, we will introduce you to some of the most beautiful and fabulous plants to grow at home. The list of the 10 best fabulous plants to grow includes not only some of the most popular and well-loved flowers but also some of the most colorful and interesting herbs too.
- 1 A List of Fabulous Plants to Grow and Their Characteristics
- 2 Summary
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
A List of Fabulous Plants to Grow and Their Characteristics
1. Gerbera Daisy
- Gerbera Daisy is one of the most popular flowers to grow.
- Gerberas are a group of flowers native to tropical regions of Africa.
- You may know it better as the African daisy, Transvaal daisy, or Barberton daisy.
- These blooms have been cultivated for many years and have become one of the most popular flowering plants in the world.
- This plant has a unique beauty and gracefulness, which makes it an excellent choice for any flower garden.
- It can be grown indoors or outdoors, in any climate.
- Gerberas thrive in full sun and are drought-tolerant.
- They can be grown from seed, which is sewn directly into a pot.
Alternatively, you can buy young plants; usually only six to eight inches tall. When you purchase gerbera plants, make sure they have healthy leaves and stems, as these are the parts of the plant that will grow into the flower bud. You can plant them at any time of the year.
Learn more about A Complete Guide On How To Care For Gardenias
2. Phalaenopsis Orchid
You may know it better by its more common name, the moth orchid.
- This is one of the most popular tropical orchid species, which is native to Southeast Asia, India, China, and Australia.
- This plant has an exotic look and unique beauty that is unmatched by any other plant.
- This flower has a wonderful shape and is usually white or cream.
- It has long, thin stalks and large flowers that are about four inches wide.
- Phalaenopsis Orchids are easy to grow and can be found in many varieties.
Find more information about A Guide On How To Choose An Orchid Pot
Daffodils are one of the most popular flowering plants for gardens around the world.
- The daffodil is native to the Mediterranean region, as well as Southern Europe and North Africa.
- It was even cultivated by the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- It has been a symbol of joy and happiness for centuries.
- Daffodils are easy to grow and require little care.
- They can be planted in groups, mixed with other flowers, or planted individually.
- They thrive in full sun and require little fertilizer.
- Daffodils can grow up to 45cm in height, and they bloom from mid-April to mid-May.
- Lavender is a beautiful, fragrant perennial plant.
- It is often grown as an annual, but it can also be grown as a perennial.
- Lavender is easy to grow and needs little water.
- It requires full sun and well-drained soil.
- Lavender is best suited to climates with mild winters and hot summers.
- It can be planted in the garden, or grown in pots.
- Lavender blooms between April and May.
- Marigolds are one of the most popular flowering plants for gardens.
- They are easy to grow and require very little care.
- They thrive in full sun and need only average soil.
- They are a beautiful orange and yellow color, which will be sure to brighten any garden.
- These plants are native to North and South America.
- Celosia is an annual herb that has bright green, feathery leaves.
- It is also known as “cockscomb” or “cock’s comb”.
- It needs full sun and well-drained soil.
- Celosia can be planted in the garden or grown in pots.
- It blooms during summer.
- It is best suited to climates with mild winters and hot summers.
- Celosia is easy to grow and needs little water.
- It requires little maintenance.
- It is a perennial plant and can be divided every year.
- It blooms between May and July.
- This particular plant is part of the Amaranth family.
- Petunias are popular flowering annual plants.
- They have long-lasting flowers that bloom from spring to fall.
- They require full sun and well-drained soil.
- They thrive in average soil and require little water.
- Petunias are best suited to climates with warmer winters and hot summers.
- They can be planted in the garden or grown in pots.
- The flowers can come in a range of different colors.
- It requires little maintenance and can survive in harsher conditions than most plants.
- It is a perennial plant and can be divided every year.
- There are over 20 species of Petunia and this particular plant is native to the South American region.
There are many fabulous plants in this list and many that you can choose from when you think of growing them.
Some of them may be hard to find in your local garden center, but they are all relatively easy to grow. And they are not only great for their beauty, but also for the environment too! This list is a compilation of plants that are easy to grow and beautiful to look at. Do you have any other plants to add to the list? Let us know!
Learn more about The Best Fertilizer For Hydrangeas
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Most Fun Plant to Grow?
The most fun plant to grow is the bougainvillaea (mainly because of the name!), but there are many other fun plants to grow. The key to having a great garden is being creative and not being afraid to experiment. You can grow a lot of different types of plants in your garden, so if you don't like one plant, you can always try another.
What is the Most Exotic Plant?
There are many exotic plants around the world, and the answer to this question is up for debate. But some of my favourite exotic plants include: Blue Passion Flower, Lily of the Valley and Lotus.
What Are Some Rare Indoor Plants?
There are a number of species that can be grown indoors. Some of the rarer plants that are highly sought after are the Philodendron Pink Princess and the Monstera Obliqua Peruvian Form.
What is the Prettiest House Plant?
The prettiest house plant depends on your personal choice of what you think is "pretty", but some of the best-looking indoor plants are Ficus benjamina (“fig tree”), Philodendron scandens (“Philodendron”), and Dracaena marginata (“dragon tree”). They all have lovely, glossy leaves that grow in an upright habit.
What is the Coolest House Plant?
The coolest house plant is a succulent. Succulents are easy to grow and inexpensive, and they look great in any room of the house. A good rule of thumb for selecting your next house plant is: if you're not sure, go with a succulent. Succulents come in hundreds of varieties, and they can be grown from seed, or purchased as small potted plants.
What is the Most Interesting Flower?
The most interesting flower is all down to your own personal preference. There are thousands of species to choose from, so it's not that hard to find a flower that you like. You just have to look around, try different types and make your choice.
A garden is a place that relaxes us and reflects our personal style, it’s a place to spend time with loved ones and grow our own fruits and vegetables. Maybe you’re looking for design inspiration or plant selection, or you’re concerned about garden privacy, shady areas, or pests, but don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place.